The breast is a primary feature of the female sex and is a symbol of femininity.
Breast augmentation is the aesthetic surgery that increases the breast size to treat:
- small breasts (micromastia)
- asymmetric breasts (anisomastia)
- partial or complete absence of one or both of the breasts (hypomastia/amastia)
- loss of volume of breasts after pregnancy, weight loss or age progression
In recent years breast augmentation has been the most common aesthetic surgery in Plastic Surgery, showing an increase of about 31% compared to 2000.
Breast augmentation is usually performed using silicone implants (they have been used over 50 years). Modern silicone implants are divided according to their shape in anatomic and round. Also, on the basis of their envelope, they are distinguished in a smooth and rough surface. Other features of silicone implants are their diameter, height, degree of projection, and volume.
The silicone implants we use are FDA approved and a have lifetime quality guarantee.
With the combination of non-traumatic technique and high quality silicone implants, we achieve an impressive, natural result in balance and harmony with the rest of the body, with minimal recovery time.
A rich and strong bust gives the modern woman confidence and significantly improves her mental mood.
Where are the incisions placed?
In the breast augmentation, the incisions are made in one of the following positions:
- in the inframammary fold
- around the breast areola
- in the armpit
Healing at these sites is generally good and the result is usually an almost imperceptible scar.
What size of implants will be used?
The size and type of implants is determined on the basis of:
- the particular anatomical features of the patient
- the woman’s personal desire
Where are the implants placed?
They are placed at different anatomical levels, as appropriate:
- under the mammary gland – subglandular
- under the fascia of the muscle – subfascial
- under the muscle – submuscular
- in dual plane
The Plastic Surgeon uses these techniques according to the indications for an optimal aesthetic result.
What anesthesia is needed for breast augmentation surgery?
The surgery is usually done with general anesthesia.
What about after surgery?
- staying in the clinic is for 1 day
- the first 24 hours on the chest there is a dressing
- then it is necessary to use a special bra for 4-6 weeks
- initially in the chest there is mild edema that enhances the size
- a more complete picture of the natural breast we have after 1 month
- the return to light work is done after 3-4 days
- the gym is allowed after 4-6 weeks