Does the operation hurt?
Blepharoplasty does not cause pain either during or after.
What situations are being treated?
We give a solution:
- in the tired and distressed expression of the eyes
- the difficulty of applying makeup to the upper eyelids
- in reduced vision, when there is a large excess of skin on the upper eyelids
- in the lower eyelid bags
What problems are not treated with blepharoplasty?
- Wrinkles created on the “goose leg” during expression. The procedure removes excess skin at this point. However, the normal contraction of the muscles that creates these wrinkles does not change. The solution for these is Botox and in addition hyaluronic acid, PDO threads, autologous mesotherapy plasma –PRP, fractional laser and diamond microdermabrasion.
- The dark color of the skin – hyperpigmentation in the lower eyelids.
- The eyebrows ptosis. Therefore we are not looking for blepharoplasty for loosening eyebrows. In this case, lateral brow lift is advisable.
What are the advantages of blepharoplasty?
- direct result in one “session”
- you arrange your social and professional obligations once
- treats the ptosis of fat that causes swelling on the inner side of the upper eyelid and “bags” on the lower eyelids, problems not managed by non-invasive methods
- cost and recovery time are cumulatively lower, compared with less invasive techniques that require several visits
What is the appropriate age for blepharoplasty surgery?
For all interventions in Plastic Surgery, the appropriate age is the age at which the problem is installed to such an extent that it cannot be treated with more conservative methods. On eyelids, for most cases, this age is 45 to 50, and in few cases the need for correction appears earlier.
How will the eyes be in the first few days after blepharoplasty?
There is edema and redness in the eyelids. It is normal to feel “heavy” eyelids and may remain barely open in the early days, which is expected due to swelling. It can also tear an eye or both, which is temporary.
I’m afraid it will change the shape of my eyes!
We have no reason to influence the shape of your eyes. Our goal is to remove the existing excess of skin and fat. The anatomy of your eyes will not be disturbed.
What is ectropion after blepharoplasty?
This is a problem usually resulting after blepharoplasty. Incidents that have been operated elsewhere and come to us with ectropion can also be dealt with.
Will there be any signs?
On the eyelid, healing is probably the best from anywhere else in our body. The skin is very thin and this favors the minimization of scarring. The scar in the upper eyelid is on the eyelid fold and is imperceptible when the eyelid is open and barely visible with the eyelid closed. In the lower eyelid, the scar is located just beneath the eyelashes and is indistinct. Usually these “disappear” in 3-4 months.
How long do the effects of blepharoplasty last?
The effects of blepharoplasty last for many years. In most cases, blepharoplasty is performed once. However, if necessary, minor corrections can be made after 10-15 years.
Can I drive after blepharoplasty?
Driving is allowed after 3-4 days.
When can I make up?
Makeup can be placed after removing the sutures. However, for the first period, removal of the makeup should be done carefully, with gentle moves.
Can I use contact lenses after surgery?
As a rule, you can use contact lenses after 1 week, as long as they do not bother. Caution and here is needed when placing and removing the lenses, not to pull too much the eyelid skin.
- avoid vigorous exercise for 1 week
- avoid makeup until the stitches are removed
- do not use contact lenses for 1 week so you do not irritate the area
- avoid exposure to the sun and use sunglasses
- make cold compresses to improve healing
Face Lift – Lateral Brow Lift
Autologous Plasma Mesotherapy PRP